Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring Forward

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think it’s happening.  Spring appears to be right around the corner! These warmer temps could not have come at a better time for me.  For the last 2 weeks I’ve had two different illnesses.  Apparently one type of flu wasn’t enough, but 4 days later the nastiest of nastys got me.  That’s right kids, the dreaded Norovirus.  Without going into too much detail, my youngest son (who’s 25 yrs old) knocked on the bathroom door and suggested he take me to the hospital – and for MY comfort we could go in MY car.  First of all – smart kid, but secondly – how bad did I sound?  I felt like I was dying, but did I sound like it too?  No thanks, at the moment I’m finding comfort in the coolness of the ceramic floor tile……

Once I tamed my bedhead and emerged from the house, look what was there to greet me…..!


Are these Hyacinths?  There are several bunches all around the house.  I know the little red tips starting to appear are a Peony, but since I’ve never planted Hyacinths I can’t really be sure.  Non-the-less, it’s a wonderful surprise.



I know I said I was going to step away from the 6pt Stars, but due to an electrical issue in the family/sewing room, which then extends to the garage, I’m not able to power up Sven.  So, I’m still doing a little hand sewing.  That is, in between illnesses.  



No comments:

Post a Comment