Friday, March 20, 2015

National Quilting Day

Is your machine cleaned and oiled?  Have a UFO which needs some special attention?  Stack of scraps calling your name?  Get ready, set…..tomorrow is National Quilting Day.   Marge (my mom) still has me ball-n-chained to her kitchen, but I’m seeing the light at the end of this renovation tunnel.  So, I may join Kathy over at ASentimental Quilter tomorrow eve for a sew-a-long.  Kathy will post a small project to commemorate the day.  Who can resist?  It’s only fitting to do some kind of sewing on National Quilt Day!   

If your looking for a bigger project, The National quilting Association has a free pattern to celebrate the day.




The 2015 Quilt – Crooked Path, will make my “to-do” list very soon.  Danniele Bohannon, design winner of this year’s National Quilting Day quilt is about 40 minutes from where I live, but on the Missouri side.  Quilter (Kelly Cline) and quilt photographer (Richard O’Kell) live a stone’s throw away from me.  Feeling proud to have so much talent right here in the mid-west.  

No comments:

Post a Comment