Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Not enough time in the day....

I would love to say my absence has been from having the pedal to the metal on my sewing machine – but that’s not the case.  Spring Fever has hit me hard.  When I purchased my home last summer, the yard was free of any type of landscaping.  I couldn’t wait for this spring to arrive so I could start planting some gorgeous perennials.  There’s been more weeding and digging up old tree roots than planting – but it’s starting to come together.  My first show-n-tell is my first ever Rhododendron bush.  She’s a beauty and not sure why I haven’t been excited about them before.  All credit goes to my friend Dora, she turned me on to the Rhodo’s.


I planted this stunner directly under my picture window in the front of the house.




My 2nd brag......I knew I had a Lilac, but just didn’t know what color.  Nice to see bloomage! It was looking a little rough when I moved in.  Pruned it up, pulled some weeds away and it’s lookin' mighty fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment