Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spring Fever

I’ve been bitten by the gardening bug. I’m trying desperately to get my flower beds in order.  They’re in sad shape due to the drought last summer. Thought I’d lost a couple of shady area ferny type plants, I babied them all summer long, watering, adding a little fertilizer, putting up little obstacles so the dog couldn’t trample only to have them dwindle away by late July. Surprisingly, they returned this spring, but I lost a few other perennials I thought were in good shape.  No green thumb under these garden gloves!
 
 







Lastly, my Yellow Brick Road Rose bush – a wonderful gift from my Beta Sigma Phi sisters, for being the out-going Prez this past year. 
Much appreciated!
How much time does that leave for quilting?  A big fat zero for me!  I can’t tell you the last time I’ve used my sewing machine.   A while back I decided to “finish-up” some projects gathering dust.  I’m ashamed to say I’ve got a stack of quilts without the binding on them.  Binding and I do not get alone.  I told myself to suck it up and get busy on some binding or I wouldn’t let myself start another project.  Without much... kicking and screaming, I’m on my second quilt binding.
2nd quilt without binding
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment