Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ahh, now where was I…..?

How long has it been since I’ve posted?  Far too long I’m afraid.  I know I’ve been busy, but for the life of me I can’t recall everything that’s kept me away…..oh wait, I can think of one thing….I went to Paducah!  Oh yeah, this chick finally made it to Quilt week in Paducah, Kentucky.  I’ve dreamed about it, talked about it and finally made the journey.  Was it all I thought it would be?  Absolutely and more!  Not only was the shopping top notch, but quilt “celebrities” were crawling all over the place.  We stayed in Grand Rivers which is about 35 minutes east of Paducah. Thinking we were way outta the “quilter’s” loop – only to see Lisa Bongean walk past our table at Patti’s 1880’s Restaurant.  Love that woolly woman!  The next morning our first stop was at the Quilt in a Day show to see Eleanor Burns - if you haven't already, it's a must see show - she has an insane amount of energy.  The following day, on over to the AQS to hob nob with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.   By hob nob, I mean I passed by their booth and pointed with the o.m.g. face on. 
 
I lack in pics.....can you believe I forgot my camera?  I borrowed a camera, not being familiar with it, most of my pics were blurry.  Boo.
 
Miss El

A quilt fav from the show – wish I could find the pattern



My haul..
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment