Thursday, July 2, 2015

July First Friday

When I found out Barbara Brackman was to lecture at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival, I was about as excited as I could get (without embarrassing myself!).  Not gonna lie, in the grand scheme of the quilt world - she’s my quilty crush!  Eleanor Burns – you know I bow down to you, Nancy Doan – you rock the demonstrations……but Barbara….. you complete me!  Since I fancy reproductions during the 1800’s, her blog "Civil War Quilts" is my main source for their historical story.  Barbara is funny and witty, a book author, blogs and resides in my great state of Kansas.  I could go on and on, but you should check her out!





Disclaimer:  Any views or opinions expressed in this Blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barbara Brackman at Civil War Quilts and Material Culture.  This Midwest chick is in no way involved with the either blog.  I’m not on her payroll, In fact I’m sure she don’t even know I exist.  I’m sharing because I appreciate complimentary directions, patterns and quilt a-longs like any other budgeted quilter does. 

Don’t forget, "Shop Local Saturdays" which always follow First Fridays.  Show your local quilt shop some shopping love!

No comments:

Post a Comment