Monday, June 22, 2015

Sunbonnet Sue and Tina?

Wow!  Pun totally intended!  2015 is the first year for the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival.  Local guilds assisted in pulling together one of the best Quilt Festivals our metro area has seen in a while. Three fun filled days with more than 90 vendors (YES! 90 – that’s some serious shopping!), workshops, lectures and quilt displays from area guilds. 

The first order of business was to check out the Kaw Valley Quilt Guild (from Lawrence, KS).  I’d heard through the quilting vine, if you purchase raffle tickets for their opportunity quilt, you had the pleasure of having your picture taken in their booth.  Most either love Sunbonnet Sue pattern or well....despise her.  Myself, I'm not so fond of 30's icon.  Meeting my quilty friend Sue and her sister Cheri at the festival, I begged Sue (appropriately so!) to join me in this monumental photo!  


Me on the left and my buddy Sunbonnet Sue on the right! 

All in good fun, right….. Sue?  



No comments:

Post a Comment