Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day


Snuggled up with someone special today?  Going out on the town?  Give or receive chocolates or strawberries?  I received a fancy box of chocolate from a dear friend who wanted me to feel special on my first Valentine’s Day alone.  So very thoughtful!  

While nibbling on my first chocolate, it occurred to me the thought of a Valentine’s Day alone didn’t make me feel blue, I didn’t have any sentimental thoughts, nor did I feel like crying….. I actually felt pretty damn good!  In fact, I might even have a spring in my step.  I realized my self-worth is much better than being married to someone who didn’t respect or value the relationship.   The light is on, I’m walking tall, and I’m feeling good!  


Check out my chocolates…..the box is from Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolates.  Not only are they gorgeous, but down-right the best chocolates I’ve ever had.   Not that I’m knocking my other local favorite Russell Stover (as they have a mean peanut butter tree at Christmas), but Elbow is in a totally different league. 



Several Fussy Stars in progress….but only one complete this week.  Maybe I should lay off the scrumptious candy…



No comments:

Post a Comment