Friday, February 6, 2015

February First Friday

Seems like a lot of cities host some kind of “First Friday”.  It’s normally located in the revitalized part of their Downtown area.  Kansas City has an artsy area in their Crossroads district which hosts First Friday.  It’s quite an event, lots of galleries, eateries, etc.   However, I’ve yet to make it downtown to one First Friday.  I’m all for supporting local businesses, artists and eating establishments, so I made a vow this summer I would make great attempts to attend.
 
So that got me thinking……While I’m not one of those cool hipsters who have a gallery, I’ve decided to have my own “Quilt Dish” First Friday.  Each First Friday of the month I’ll dish about one of my favorite cyber spots I enjoy frequenting. 

The first is Temecula QuiltBlog.  They follow what's going on in the Temecula Quilt shop, in Southern California.  I enjoy just about everything in this blog.  Deep down I carry a love/hate relationship with Temecula QuiltBlog.  No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep up with the fabulous projects they host.  Just too many sweet projects and just not enough time.  Should you choose to travel to the blog, on the right hand side margin is a list called - Quilt With Us.  Within each project most have complimentary directions or the pattern.  And, most also have the option to purchase the fabric kitted up as well.  

My Fussy Cut Friday (6pt Fussy Stars) originated from the Temecula Blog.  They've since moved on to another English paper pieced project but I'm still lagging behind with my 6 pointers.  

Instead of purchasing the English Paper Pieces for the 6pt Star, I've been able to make my own. A website called Incompetech has graph designs to create different sizes of diamonds/trapezoids, hexies, etc.  I printed on cardstock and cut with a to-dull-for-fabric rotary blade.


Don’t forget, Shop-Local-Saturday always follow First Fridays.  Show your local quilt shop some love tomorrow.

Disclaimer:  Any views or opinions presented in this Blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  This Midwest chick is in no way involved with the Temecula Quilt Shop or Blog.  I’m not on their payroll, In fact I’m sure they don’t even know I exist.  I’m sharing because I appreciate complimentary directions, patterns and quilt a-longs like any other budgeted quilter would.  


  




No comments:

Post a Comment