Thursday, January 15, 2015

Still seeing stars

I’m feeling the itch, getting anxious to nail down a lay-out for my 6-point hexies.  With 25 hexies complete and 12 more stars waiting, I need to decide where I’m going with this.  There are several ideas I’ve seen on Pinterest, but just when I think I’ve decided - I see something else.  One pattern sticks out a little more than others so I ordered the back ground fabric today.  No longer on the fence, my hexies now have purpose.  Can’t wait to share once I receive the fabric – a gold Civil War repro!  This is a true leap of faith, I’ve never used gold anything before. Until then, I’ll keep cranking out the 6 pointers.



One of my all-time favorite movies is the Wizard of Oz.  During the winter, Cinemark Theaters run a series of movie Classics which are shown on Sundays and Wednesdays.  Last night a handful of my family members went to check out the Wizard on the big screen.  If you’ve never had the chance, and it comes to town – It. Is. A. Must. See!  The detail you see on the big screen is phenomenal.  Now I’ve seen this movie – dozens of times.  But, I saw detail on the munchkins, flowers and scenery I had never seen before.  Completely amazing – and not just to me, but a gathering of viewers stood outside the theater after just to talk about it.   I assumed there would be a flood of kids, but not at all.  Besides 2 of my grands, my daughter looked to be the youngest adult in attendance.



I had chills! 


Before and after the movie a commentary was shown about the costumes, make-up, etc.  
Did you know the cowardly lion suit is a Real Lion pelt?  
Poor Bert Lahr, having to wear a real animal pelt - can you imagine how hot it must have been?  I don't even want to think about the smell...  Yikes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment