Monday, August 18, 2014

Popcorn and a movie? Not even...

Who invented popcorn ceilings?  Who thought spraying crumbly crap all over the ceiling was a good idea?  A textured ceiling is nice, it’s flat and paintable.  One swipe of a paintbrush/roller on popcorn and you’re wearing half of it.  Since I’m staying with family, I’m fortunate to be able to do painting and upgrades before moving in.  So I thought, hey – let’s remove this nasty popcorn and repaint the ceilings!  Watch what you say out loud, for fear of being asked to help remove popcorn, my friends and family stopped answering my calls. So hurtful – just sayin’.  No worries, I’ve done this before (about 16 yrs ago) so this should be a cake walk – I mean, I only have every room in the house but the bathroom……I’ll carve out a week for removal.  Three weeks later, plus an emotional break-down over the kitchen sink and I finally finished.  I think my recent divorce was easier than the three weeks of torture I just put myself through. 


Geared up and ready to strip some ceilings….


Living room partially stripped.  
By far, this is the nastiest job I’ve ever done.


Once the ceilings were painted, my family thought it was time to start clearing out their garages of all my stuff.  They’re bringing loads over much faster than I’m getting the walls and trim painted.  I mean I’m climbing over boxes just to get to the bathroom.  There is sooo much stuff - Once I’m arranged and settled in, I see a huge garage sale in my future.


Ah-hum….sturdy apron, pretty gloves? Yeah, that would have helped with my move, a good sturdy apron!  




No comments:

Post a Comment