Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I miss him....

Look how lonely he looks…;o(   Sitting, silently just waiting…. Waiting for me to rev up his engine, push his buttons and slam on the foot pedal for some serious sewing!  


That’s right, I’m talking about Sven, my Scandinavian Viking.  I’ve ignored him the past few months and I’m going through withdrawal.  Let me tell you how bad it is….. while I don’t have time to quilt or sew lately (due to my move), I attended our monthly quilt guild meeting (you know, vicariously living through others).  I sat next to a woman who had brought her “show-n-tell”.   Barely able to concentrate on the guest speaker, my eyes kept roaming to her quilt and wanting to touch it.   Before I started to drool, I reminded myself I was new to the group and shouldn’t show my “weirdo” so soon.  It’s maddening with my sewing room still in boxes.  It’s gonna be ok, right?

The action around my new house….
I’ve got Naked Ladies!  Up until now, the only perennial I thought I had is one lone peony.  Soon they will be joined by my perennials I’m storing at my daughters. 




We’re gettin’ the Fiber – this is big stuff in the neighborhood. 


Now, does this mean much to me?  Not really.  My sons look at me like I’m crazy.  I don’t understand this need for speed, I think my currant provider does just fine.  I’m a product of dial-up internet.  Remember when you could run to the bathroom, come back and still not be linked to the internet!  



No comments:

Post a Comment