Friday, August 1, 2014

I'm baaaackk!

After a long search, I've found my new little house!  The size might be about a third of what I had before, but it has a garage, basement and family room for my sewing area...what more could a middle aged chick ask for....right?  



 As you can expect I was nervous and excited all at the same time.  Once a contract was drawn up, I made appointments for the house mechanical and termite inspections.  At times, I’ll admit my maturity level is in question – but I can’t tell you how intrigued I was to find out my “termite inspector” is a dog!   I had to Google termite dogs to make sure I had heard the Exterminator correctly.  The company owns two dogs – Crockett & Tubbs.  You gotta love the Miami Vice reference! 


 Tubbs and "what’s his name"….!

Once papers were signed on the dotted line, moving commenced.  The Pod moving/storage unit arrived, and with the promise of pizza my family began showing up for the big day.  It was a great day, but I had mixed feelings – wondering if I would be able to keep my emotions in check after my marriage ended and having to move on…..and then it happened…..I’m carrying a somewhat heavy box up 7 steps from the family room and I turn my ankle, something pops and I tumble back down the stairs with the box landing on my shoulder.  Back story: It’s quad level house, you can’t get any place in that house without having to go up or down stairs.  The Ex looooved the house, but then again he didn’t have to vacuum it either.  Me, I talked about moving to a ranch all the time (dream come true right?) Oh yeah, if I had any sentimental thoughts swirling around in my head, they were gone now.


X-rayed and ready to go home.  Nothing broken, but it hurts like the devil.


 Normally, I wouldn’t post pics of my feet - especially since I’m in need of a pedi!  But a few hours later I removed the bandage and couldn’t believe the swelling and bruising.  From then on I was forced to sit on a kitchen chair and “oversee” the movers my family. I'm sure they'll make me "pay" for this later! 






No comments:

Post a Comment