Friday, February 21, 2014

My Brag Bag


I think you’ll agree I’ve been deprived…..I’ve never ever attended an over-night quilting retreat.  Any workshops or sew-days have been just that “a day” in length.  Next week, I’ll pack my machine, gadgets and snacks for my first all-night-stay-up-as-late-as-I-can-quilt-retreat.  Yes!
But, dragging my rulers and cutting mat around to previous workshops became a complete pain in the backside.  Normally I’d have the mat and rulers sticking out of the top of my rolling sewing tote – sliding around and poking things they shouldn’t be.  Since this is a monumental moment for me, I thought I needed a Mat/Ruler Bag.  Jenny Doan whipped up a big bag in a 15 minute youtube video, so this should be easy peasy.  Well, kind of.  My bag took and entire weekend to make…..clearly, I do not possess the same bag skill as Jenny.  Regardless, I’ve got a snazzy new bag to tote all my crap much needed supplies to the retreat!



Ms. Nosey checking out my bag.  I used a variegated thread on the entire tote, but only shows up well on the burnt orange side pocket. I also added an interior pocket for smaller rulers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment