Thursday, February 13, 2014

Demise of Sun Bonnet Sue


Are you a Sun Bonnet Sue lover?  I’ve found people either love the pattern or hate with a passion dislike SB Sue.  My bud Jennifer is a lover.  Myself..…not so much.  I have a soft spot for the Bonnet Girls, which are taller and more “life-like” applique and embroidered patterns.  With Jen having a birthday coming up, I wanted to make her a Sue Bonnet Sue related “something”.  Keeping it simple, I decided on a dish towel.  After pattern searching, I couldn’t bring myself to make the traditional “Sue”.  Sorry Jen. I knocked the dust off of an old pattern book and found what I thought was most fitting for Jen. 


 
To make it my own, I added the patch on her backside. 
 
The “Sue” Tribute:
I couldn’t complete this post without delving more into SB Sue.  A few years ago I attended a quilt show in the KC Star building.  Lots of gorgeous quilts, but one in particular stood out.  The quilt owner - Barbara Brackman, and it’s a collection of blocks made by a quilt guild (I believe out of Lawrence, KS).  I could only get a few pics, but for those not-so-in-love-with-Sue, you’ll find them enjoyable.
 
These ladies are very creative, so detailed!
 


 
No disrespect Sue, all in good fun!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That quilt still makes me laugh. I'm not a "Sue" fan, as you know, so I get special enjoyment from her dilemmas! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh to be so creative! It's a giggler to be sure.

      Delete