Monday, September 16, 2013

Let the applique begin


Fourteen leaves, that’s what I accomplished this weekend - which means I have another one hundred and thirty-something to go.  Hmm.  Obviously, no one will accuse me of being a speed demon with a needle.   If I keep at this pace, I should finish in about 10 weeks….Errr. 

 
When I wasn’t burning up thread with my advanced applique skills, I puttered around in the backyard with two of my grands.  We spotted a couple of hummingbirds (which were too quick for a photo opp) and quite a few butterflies. The kiddies are always so impressed with the few butterflies they see – I didn’t think it necessary to tell them, with the fortune I’ve spent on butterfly attractants (bushes, flowers, etc), we should see zillions of the beautiful goobers!   
 


First year having the mammoth sunflowers – love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment