Thursday, September 5, 2013

Almost, but not quite there....


Just my luck the MRI showed a fracture right below my left elbow, inflammation and some other big gnarly medical word – basically meaning my arm is buggered up.  Sadly, I don’t meet with the bone doc for a few more days, so not sure what the plan of action will be.  Still in pain when I try to straighten, but I’m now able to hold down my ruler (with no pain) to use my rotary cutter…..and really, isn’t that what’s important?!!  Once I was able to cut the final borders for my Carol Doak BOM, I was off and running to finish my quilt.  Just a few months over-due, but it’s now ready for the quilter.  

 
The Carol Doak BOM instructions were for a 2 color quilt – saving for AQS Quilt Week in Paducah, I didn’t want to purchase fabric.  I had a great idea (not looking so great now) to do a scrappy quilt instead.  The two-color combo quilts from the rest of the group are stunning, I’m not so crazy about mine.  Maybe I’ll “love it” after quilting, but not counting on it. 

 
 
 

 
While I couldn’t use a rotary cutter or push anything through my sewing machine, I could hold an embroidery hoop.  Go figure.  These cutesy unfinished pillowcases were calling my name (and have been for several years!) to complete.  Like most everything else I do, I thought I could whip them up in a weekend – wrong (being slow as slug) after 4 days of cross-stitching and not completing one case, I tossed them in the closet.  3 years later, I don’t dare say how long it took me to complete both (I’m sure it was because of my bum arm!), but they are wash, pressed and ready for the guest bedroom.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment