Monday, February 13, 2012

The Dish....

To go along with my first blog, I thought I’d share my very first quilt!  About  10 years ago, my daughter and I signed up for a beginners’ quilting class – A Stack-n-Whack.  My grandmother had taught me to embroider and quilt a smidgen, but basically I didn’t know much about putting blocks together.  Oh, and clearly, I didn’t know much about color back then either!  The instructor said to bring fabrics that “speak to you” ….wha, what?  With nothing in the fabric store calling to me, I decided to go with a mix of florals.     I suspect I was talking or passing notes when the instructor told the class about fabric choice, color schemes, a mix of lights to darks – as most of my prints are on a light backgrounds with different colored flowers!  Blah and boring…..

My "less than" colorful quilt.....


My daughter's colorful creation....


No comments:

Post a Comment