Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Talkin' Turkey



 
From one who enjoys a wonderful fall “comfort food” meal, Thanksgiving rates right at the top.  Is it all about the food?  No, I’ve got a great family and a handful of close friends I would never want to be without, but I hope I let them know how special they are to me all year long.  So, to have one day when all my favorite comfort foods are set upon one table is flippin’ awesome!   My mom doesn’t cook, never liked to cook, so my sister-n-law and I divvy up the menu and each bring half of dinner.  I think my mom lives under the principle “if you want a traditional style meal, you’ll need to bring it”.  So we do. 



Is it wrong to bring a pie to a family gathering with a piece missing?  Now before you judge, I was able to purchase a pecan pie cheaper than it was to make.  But once I got home with my favorite nut pie, it occurred to me, what if it’s not as good as my ho’made pie?  What if it’s not up to par to take as a dessert offering?  Was I about to start the comfort food eating early?  Um, yes.  I couldn’t stand it, I dug in.  It wasn’t a total disappointment, the filling is good, but the crust lacked.  So once I arrive tomorrow, I’ll let everyone know I “took one for the team” and to stay away from the top edge of the crust. 
 
 
Since we’re on the subject of “birds”…..this little guy didn’t sell at the Quilt Boutique.  All of his other coop buddies “flew” off the boutique tables.  Not my colors, so this little chicky will go to my granddaughter Amber, she’s enrolled in several sewing classes this year. 
 
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment