Monday, August 29, 2016

Boutique on the Brain

 
A touch of bling pincushion
I need an intervention - our quilt show Boutique has taken over my life.  Now, it could be a life sucker because this is my first year in the guild with such responsibility.  After all, I shot my big mouth off about updating and bringing the Quilt Show boutique area into the new millennium.  So, I’ll own this chaos – I bit off more than I can chew.  Thankfully, I have a co-director I can blame who is a tremendous help!  Spreadsheet Sue is the queen of organization.  I’m sure I don’t say it enough, but I appreciate Sue more than she’ll ever know.  I hope the blend of my wackiness and her business sense will produce a fantastic Boutique.


 
 
Since I still have a full time day gig, it limits my sewing to evenings and weekends.  Let’s face it, most evenings changing into my loungewear before melting into the couch is a challenge.  So, I’ve kept my boutique donations small.  I’ve mastered the “square” pin cushion, so I’m sticking with it.  Plus I need to keep my projects small, if I can’t get it finished in one sewing “sitting” I seem to drag it out for days.   
 
 
A pin cushion isn’t complete until it has a Starlight Sparkler pin
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment