Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Batik-less Wall Hanging

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!  I wanted to share my new wall hanging before I’m up to my elbows in sweet potatoes, dressing and pumpkin pie! 



  Since I’ve swore off buying fabric until my stash is significantly smaller.  I dug through my Civil War repros and began cutting.





The pattern used Batiks….I can count on one hand how many times I’ve used Batiks.  It’s not that I don’t like them, I just don’t think I know how to use them.  Keep in mind, I rarely wonder outside the “box” I’ve become so accustomed to being in.  





Once I had the triangles cut, I had to do a test layout before I started stitching together.        




So far, looking pretty good….. 




 My version of Edyta Sitar's Scrappy Basket 


Instead of fabric for the applique I used wool.  A little nervous not knowing if the fabrics would work with a pattern I’d only seen in Batiks – but I’m loving the results.  Next step - dig out the Valdani thread and get busy on blanket stitching around the wool.                         

  



               



                    

2 comments:

  1. That is looking very nice in your fabric choice. I think the design lends itself to this kind of fabric for sure.

    ReplyDelete