Monday, May 18, 2015

Baby....oh baby!

Imagine my surprise when I found out I was going to be a grandma again!  My daughter and husband just got their youngest in kindergarten – it wasn’t that they were trying to get pregnant, but weren’t doing anything to prevent it either.  Both figured if “it”  happened - fine, but since "it" hadn't by now, it wasn’t going to.  What do they say about famous last words or a big’ol Karma bite on the keester?  Not only she did find out she’s pregnant, but she’s having twins!  

A few days ago my daughter shared the sonogram results – both girls!  Now I can start on their first baby quilts!  I’ve been requested NOT to do anything in pink.  Yeah!  Like my daughter, I’m sick of seeing pink and more pink on baby girls. It’s over-done and I'm ready to move on to other colors.

It’s time to bring on the baby quilts!
Daughter Jamie, has requested I make miniature baby versions of the 1930’s repro I’m making for the spare bedroom.  A little surprised…. I’m a repro lover, but the 30-something crowd is usually into the Amy Butler, Kaffe and Tula Pink designers – not the Aunt Grace line!  Am I starting to look cool and hip to her?  Well ......doubtful, but I have a great stash of 30’s and really looking forward to scrapping up some baby quilts.



Close-up pic of the spare bedroom 30’s Repro border.  For baby quilts I’m imagining 3inch nine patches and a children’s print for the setting half square.  Hmm, this grandma’s got the creative juices flowing.






Lastly, I want to share my Mother’s Day gift from my youngest.  Sam surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and a new rotary cutter.  Does this 25 yr old young man know his mother or what?  What I would have given to see this 6’5” dude walk in a quilt shop, locate and purchase a rotary cutter!!






No comments:

Post a Comment