Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy New Year!


My new year’s resolution….update my blog a little more often!  

Thought I’d better post the update of my MIL’s Christmas eve birthday present.  So, I had high hopes of whipping up a snazzy quilt label for her – some cutesy paper pieced work of art.  A few weeks before her b-day she tells me about a neighbor lady who received a quilt with her name embroidered on it.  MIL thought it was so special to have it personalized. Hmm, I had planned to run fabric through the printer for a label then paper piece into a bird/birdhouse, but I can switch it up.  My snazzy paper pieced label wasn’t turning out so well anyway, so I tossed it aside for an appliqued bird and Jen’s name hand stitched on her quilt.  Even with the horrible hand writing, she loved it. 

Back

Front
 
 
Now that I’ve got a little hand sewing under my belt – Temecula QuiltCo. Blog is doing a Fussy Friday each week.  She’s using 60 degree diamonds to make a 6-point star.  Thought I’d join in, not sure I’ll do the entire 52 weeks, but maybe enough for a wall hanging.  I have great intentions and all, but 52 weeks is a long time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment