Monday, January 27, 2014

Finally, some show-n-tell


It’s done.  With the exception of a label, my pink and brown scrappiness is complete.  I have deep love for the scrappy quilts, not that I don’t appreciate a well thought out color coordinated quilt, but there’s really something special to me about a scrappy mixture of fabrics.  The only matchy match thing I like to do is make the binding the same fabric as the last border.  When making my MIL a smaller version of my pink and brown, I pretty much used all the same fabrics – even the final border.  Did it occur to me to cut my binding before completing her quilt?  No. When it came time to do the final touches to mine, I was out of the brown/rose fabric. After some deep digging in the stash, nothing looked good up against the border.  Thinking I was putting too much thought into it, I decided to use this striped fabric.  I think it will have to grow on me....
 
 
4th week Fussy Friday Block
 

No comments:

Post a Comment