Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Break at Gma's House


This year all 4 of my grandkiddies were on Spring Break at the same time – that’s never happened before.  I’ll usually have a set of kiddies for a few days one week, then the other set the next week.   Instead of having them over separately, I thought it would be a grand idea to have them all over at the same time.  How hard could it be?  I’ve raised 3 kids – I know kid business like the back of my hand, one extra kiddie wouldn’t be so bad….right?  What I failed to factor in……my age... I’m older now, and by the time 4 kids ran me wild, I was down and out by 7pm!  The only night I could get them into bed at a decent time was the day of our Mall Adventure.  We rode the Carousal and had lunch at the food court – you can’t imagine how excited 4 kids get at the notion of eating at a food court.  By the time I forced encouraged the kiddies to walk all 3 floors at the Mall, they were begging me to leave.   Oh sure, I may have been tricked into buying things I normally wouldn’t have, but I slid into bed by 9:30 that night!

We had a blast during our 4 day visit, we painted bird houses, played games and my oldest Grand sewed some! 

Showed Amber how to make half square triangles - on foundation.
 
If she's going to whip out multiple h/s triangles, then speed piecing is a must!
 
Amber decided to make a throw pillow for her bed
Beautiful!!
 
She's on a roll! 
Once her pillow was finished, she wanted to make a little bag for her school locker
 
So proud of you Amber!!
 
Trying to wear down the rest of the gang......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment