Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Quicky!

A while back I cleaned my sewing room (or quilt studio as some call it, although I feel silly saying it, as my sewing/quilting wouldn't be considered "studio" status!) anywho, I ran across a baggie full of half square triangles.  I figured one of these days I'd do something with them.  But, lately I've been working on my New Dresden Plate wallhanging. I've gotten the blocks set and now I'm working on the zillions of leaves to applique on the stems.  The pattern directions indicate I should "needle turn" applique the leaves.....after applying one leaf, it was clear I'm needle turned challenged (to say the least) and I need to find a different way of getting them on the quilt.  Thinking back, I wish I had taken a pic before ripping it out - but why publish my lack of skill!  I've got enough to be embarrassed about.   In my frustration, I decided to set it aside and work on something else.  I turned to my baggie of half square triangles, they're simple, I knew they'd cooperate and wouldn't deal me fits.  A little squaring up and they were good to go.  I whipped together a little wallhanging or place mat....I haven't decided which it should be yet. 



Another project?  Maybe so, I only used about a third of the half square triangles for the little wallhanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment