Friday, February 15, 2013

The Dresden Dish


Like I wasn’t busy enough with my BOM’s, I started a Dresden Plate quilt/wall hanging.  It’s a “shop” pattern made by Rita at the Quilter’s Station.  My friend Sue and her sister Cheri started the quilt using the same (or similar) fabrics as the shop, but I wanted something a little brighter.  Actually my fabric choice made little sense, as the “shop” colors would fit into the main decor of our house, but I’d like to put this wall hanging in a spare bedroom.   
The 36 - 6 1/2 inch blocks are now complete - the light green is the background fabric and the different greens will be the leaves on the appliqued vine, which is placed throughout the quilt.
 
While cleaning the sewing room (which should happen far more than it does -who knows what other treasures I might find!), I found this Lisa Bongean pattern buried under some fabric.  It was too cute and tempting to wait until I had finish numerous other projects, so I whipped it together this past week.  Instead of making it a pin cushion (as the pattern suggests), I added an additional flower sprig on the right side of the basket and plan to frame to hang on the wall.   
 
 
 
 

1 comment: