Monday, February 25, 2013

Snow day means a sew day!

Oh yeah!  The snow (and I mean lots of it) couldn't have arrived at a better time.  A much needed mental reprive from my daytime gig was in order.  Not that I don't loooove my job, but I was really in the mood to sew.  And sew is exactly what I did on my 2 snow days off from work. 

 
First, I worked on a pattern from the most current Primitive Quilts and Projects , that is, until I ran out of 3/8 inch Hexagons.


 
Then, I pieced together the New Dresden Plate quilt and began the appliqued vines.  I still have to make about 150 leaves to attach to the vines......hmm, we're due more snow tonight....could there be another snow day in my future? 

In total, we received about 10 inches of snow in one day.

 
View from the kitchen

While the Hubs makes it sound like hard work doing the
snow removal, I think he enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment