Friday, January 18, 2013

Aint nothin’ Bitty about it!


When my middle granddaughter asked for an American Girl Doll for Christmas, I nearly went into spasms.  Ok, sure….they’re adorable dolls, fantastic accessories, but slightly on the pricey side.  I cringed and wondered how in the world I could justifying the purchase.  Low and behold, about a week later I get a call from my sister-in-law saying the Today Show is offering a discount code to order Marie Grace discounted to $50.  Now we’re talkin’!  I can certainly justify that!   The internet was abuzz that morning with people talking about the discounted dolls and patiently waiting for the release of the secret code.  Thankfully, I had my order filled out to the point of entering the code and completing the check-out process because later I heard the dolls were sold out by the time the West coast received the code (which is really too bad for them).
Two weeks later, I had Marie Grace in my hot little hands.  By the time Christmas Eve arrived, I could hardly wait for Shells to open her new doll.  Oh, but it gets better – not once did I think about how my youngest granddaughter would react….oh no, not once did I wonder if she’d want an AG for Christmas as well.  I was smart enough to order 2 Marie Grace’s, but Beezer is a tiny 3 yr old.  So my plan was to hold on to the doll a couple of years, then give to her.  Not a bad plan, unless little Beezer wants a baby doll sooner.  With her birthday the first week of January (turning 4), I decided to purchase Beezer the Bitty Baby.  Again about a $50 purchase, but I’ve already set this expensive ride in motion.   
I knew I should have ordered on-line, but nooooo I figured it was just as easy to run to the AG store (you know, save on shipping), plus I was wanted to see first-hand what all the hubbub was about.  Omgosh, it was like I drank the pink koolaid when I crossed the threshold of the store.  I went nuts, not only did I purchase Beezer the Bitty Baby, but I added the accessory pack as well.  And the madness didn’t stop there….I also purchased the Kid size matching pajamas.  I totally lost my mind and I’ve decided I'm never going back to that store…..it’s bewitching.

Once I regained my senses I decided the AG’s needed doll quilts.  For this, I went to the scrap bins….
My niece Em has a set of bunk beds for her AG's. 
 

 Shell's Marie Grace will get to snuggle with this one.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment