Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Too scrap or not to scrap?

In April I started a BOM with the Carol Doak yahoo group.  Now, I needed to start another project like I needed another hole in my head....but I did it anyway.  I've always enjoyed paper piecing, but nothing bigger than a small wall hanging or table topper.  Carol's block of the month mystery is about the size of a 'throw' or twin.  Who couldn't use an extra throw sized quilt, right?  In Carol's instructions - she clearly calls this project a "2-color quilt".  With excitement I thought - I've always wanted a 2 color quilt!  This is perfect - I'm in!  Well.....after spending mulitple evenings going through the "stash", I didn't have enough yardage for a 2-color quilt.  I've put myself on a fabric budget, so purchasing wasn't an option. I can't just scrap the idea, I've gotten myself all worked up over a new project.  So I decided to do a scrappy paper pieced quilt.  Eye-roll.  The group is 4 blocks into the mystery - and 2 color quilters are looking really good - mine is starting to look semi-ridiculous!  Part of me thinks I should stop while I'm ahead, the optimist in me is saying keep going, it may be fabulous!  But probably not.

May


June

July

August

2 comments:

  1. I love the combinations! I am doing the BOM with 2 colors, but wish I had the courage to do it scrappy like this! I might give it a try! Thank you for sharing such wonderful eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful look-you are much braver than me. Keep on scrapin'

    ReplyDelete