Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Can you hear me now?

It seems like it took forever for my elephant ears to finally appear.  Now that the bulbs are producing ears, the sun and heat are torturing them.  I didn't grow enough super huge ears for my sidewalk project last year, so I added a few bulbs this season.  Unless we get some rain soon, and a little less heat - my project may have to wait until next year.

Here's one pot - but all almost all the ears in the yard have crispy edges.


This is a concrete leaf for the sidewalk project - I only need about 15 more.

Close up shot of the patio the Hubs and I installed last year.  I ran out of leaves to make the walkway to the patio.  Hopefully, I'll grow a few big ones to use for pavers.  Now.... if the weather would just cooperate.


Despite the heat, the tiger lilies looked fabulous!


I have to share a pic of my "birthday myrtle".  Simply gorgeous.  

2 comments:

  1. Is that a Crepe Myrtle? I didn't know they would grow around here. I love your patio. I wish you'd put up a tutorial on how to make that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Yep, it's a Crepe Myrtle. Received for my birthday last fall - I've been watering like crazy for fear I'll lose it this summer. Hmm, a patio tutorial? Wish I'd have take more pics....I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thanks for your wonderful comments!

      Delete