Friday, March 23, 2012

Tea for Two….or Three!
To celebrate Dora’s Birthday, Jen and I took her to Henry’s Antiques and Tea Room for lunch.  Henry’s has converted an old Church into their shop, filled with antiques on the main level and balcony area, with a tea room downstairs.  We perused through the antiques on the main level until our reservation time.  The waiter started us out with Black Currant Tea or Blackberry Currant Tea (I can’t remember which, and apparently they’re different) and house made shortbread cookies – both very good.    As well as tea and shortbread, they also serve lunch complete with dessert!   

Since I’d made Jennifer a Needlebook for her Birthday, I decided to make one for Dora as well.  Instead of using cotton fabric, I chose wool.  A little back history here……On a quilty road trip to Ottawa, KS, the three of us must have been desperate for conversation as someone asked - if you could be any bird, what bird would you be?  Because of their beautiful color, I picked a Cardinal, but without hesitation Dora picked a Crow!  A Crow?   Apparently, the crow is one of the most intelligent birds, they’re mischievous, inquisitive and problem solvers.  Well if that doesn’t fit Dora to a T, I don’t know what does...
When I seen this Lisa Bongean pattern from Primitive Gatherings, I knew I’d found the cover for Dora’s Needlebook.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I had a wonderful day!.. and the needlebook is one of the cherished possessions in my nest.

    ReplyDelete