Friday, May 20, 2016

Lead by example….right?


It was so easy sitting on the sidelines, what possessed me to take on such a task as Co-Chairing the Quilt Show Boutique?  While trying to coax Guild members into sewing items for the Boutique, I too, am trying to crank out a few items. 
Thinking misery loves company there would be fellowship working on the boutique projects, Co-Boutiquer Sue and I scheduled a sew day to rally the troops.  It was time to “think” Boutique – represent our Guild with the finest hand crafted items in the quad-state area!  Yes, yes, yes!!  Well….five women showed up, plus Sue and I…. 7 out of over 100 guild members.  Humf.  Insert disappointed emoji face here! 
Ok, so the guild is moving in baby steps….it’s still early, we have until late September, right?   While I try to suppress my panic attack, I’ll share the items I’ve made for the Boutique.    
 
 
Nice heavy pin cushions – filled with walnut shells.
 
 
 
 
No shame in my game – I want to brag about these dazzling pins adorning the pin cushions.  As with some of you, Pinterest is my “go too” for ideas.  They didn’t let me down with these little sparklers!  All it took was some fancy pins and raiding my granddaughters' glass beads….. Viola!

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

Without a doubt, my favorite pin cushions. 
Who wouldn’t love one of these Freaky Fowl?!?! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute! We will get those quilters fired up, right?! RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete