Friday, October 2, 2015

They're Here!

My world has been busy.  The wee bundles of joy have arrived!  I say wee, but aint nothing wee about my newest granddaughters. 

Ms. Weslyn weighed 7bls 4 oz and Ms. Wrenly weighed 7lbs 14oz.  That’s a twin over load right there!



There could not be anything more exciting than these new little family members.  Ol’ grandma here has dropped the ball on the baby quilts (way too much home reno going on), but I’ve got a retreat coming up which will provide me with undivided time to get the pair of snuggly quilts completed.  


If you slide down to my previous post, you can see the 'before' pic of the family/sewing room floor.  And...here's what is looks like now.   

Ta-da!



There were a few rough spots, and a couple of the stains refused to sand out, but the floor is 65 yrs old.  So, I had to let it be.   My son finished hanging the drywall and I’ve been “mudding and taping” the past few evenings.  Once I paint the walls and polyurethane the floors, I’ll be ready to move my machine and cutting table in.  I can’t believe I’m finally getting there.





On to the Quilt Dish: First Friday 

Since it's First Friday of the month, I want to share the Blog - Happy Quilting: Cut, Sew, Quilt, Repeat.  Melissa has quite a collection of Quilt-A-Longs, and more Quilt tutorials than I've seen on any one Blog.  

I stumbled on the Happy Quilting blog when I searched for a quilted car seat cover pattern - which falls under the 'more tutorials' tab.  I highly recommend, from quilts to projects - she has it all.  

Disclaimer:  Any views or opinions expressed by The Quilt Dish Blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting: Cut, Sew, Quilt, Repeat Blog.  This Midwest chick is in no way involved with the blog.  I’m not on her payroll and in fact, I’m sure she don’t even know I exist.  I’m sharing because I appreciate complimentary directions, patterns and quilt a-longs just like any other budgeted quilter does. 




No comments:

Post a Comment