Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Apple a Day......

When my friend Jennifer decided to make an applecore quilt for her Mother, I got really excited for her.  I’ve never made one – didn’t know anyone who had made one, so anything new to me is exciting.  Ha!  That is, until she told me the horrors of putting one together.  I couldn’t imagine such a thing…..it’s so beautiful, how could it be so bad?  Jen invited Dora and myself over for a sewing day.  She asked if we would help assemble the cores into rows with her.  I couldn’t pack up my machine fast enough, I love a good challenge!  I arrived, got set up and was ready to let’er rip! 
Before I dump on it too bad, I should mention I was on the downhill side of the worst flu I’ve ever had in my life.  Truly, I had no business being there, but I had already missed one sewing day with Jen and Dora and refused to miss another.   Ok, Jen was on to something….these were a nightmare.  There was some rippin’ going on, but it was a seam ripper and not the humming of my machine.  As a last resort I started pinning mine, as I couldn’t keep my cores together and sew all at the same time. I'm sure it was my illness! ;o).  By the time I mastered “the core” the whole day had flown by and I accomplished 2 rows of 24 cores.  Jen and Dora pieced about the same.   At this speed, I hope it’s a Mother Day gift and not a Christmas gift!

A few rows complete......


After a group effort



No comments:

Post a Comment